Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Like many Downton Abbey fans, you are probably eagerly awaiting Series 2, which will premiere on January 8, 2012, on PBS. Recently, some spoilers have been leaked about the new series, which will take place between 1916 and the time shortly after the first World War.
- Robert Crawley seems to be involved in the cavalary, but we're not sure to what capacity yet.
- Mary Crawley discovers her love, Matthew Crawley is engaged, after she returns from London. However, she brings back an extremely wealthy suitor of her own.
- Edith Crawley learns to drive and continues to have rivalry with her sisters.
- Sybil Crawley develops a new hobby.
- Matthew Crawley becomes engaged to a redheaded woman named Lavinia.
- Mrs. Patmore takes on a new apprentice.
- Thomas joins the war effort.
There will also be a new housemaid, Ethel, who will replace Gwen.
Exciting spoilers? You bet! Stay tuned for more.