- Violet: "What does your mother make of this?"
- Branson: "If you must know, she thinks we're very foolish."
- Violet: "So at least we have something in common."
- — Violet's reaction to Sybil announcing she plans to marry Tom Branson[src]
Mrs Branson is the mother of Kieran and Tom Branson, mother-in-law of the late Lady Sybil Branson, and paternal grandmother of Sybil Branson. She resides in Dublin. Sybil lives with her after she leaves Downton until she marries Tom.
- Since Tom mentioned he had at least one cousin, either Mrs Branson or her husband has at least one sibling.
- It is unknown if Mrs Branson's husband is still alive or if she's a widow.
- Episode 2.08 (mentioned only)
Tom Branson's GrandfatherEdit
Tom Branson mentions one of his grandfathers was a tenant farmer in Galway, specializing in Blackface sheep. He seems to have spent some time at the farm, having acquired some knowledge about land and farming. He mentions to Lady Sinderby that he shot pigeons there.
- It is unknown if he is still alive, and whether he is Tom's paternal or maternal grandfather.
Nuala is one of Tom Branson's cousins. Tom mentions to his sister-in-law Edith Crawley that Nuala had become pregnant out of wedlock, and her daughter was brought up as her sister in order to preserve her reputation.
- Nuala's last name is unknown. If she is Tom's paternal cousin, then her maiden name would be Nuala Branson.
- 2014 Christmas Special (mentioned only)