|Owner||Hugh MacClare (formerly)|
|Inhabitants|| (In 1921)|
The castle is a grander step up from Downton Abbey, with deer stalking and fishing also on hand in the stunning surrounding Scottish countryside. Rose also mentions that Duneagle did engage in pig farming when Downton decides to enter it.
In the 2012 Christmas Special, the Crawleys visit for their regular holiday. They have visited every year except for the years 1914 to 1918 because of the First World War, and in 1920 because of Lady Sybil's death.
Duneagle Castle was lost sometime after September 1921, as all the MacClare family fortune was gone.
Known Rooms Edit
Ground Floor Edit
- Entrance Hall
- Armoury Hall
- Stair Halls
- Dining Room
- Tapestry Drawing Room
- Green Library
- Brown Library
- Private Drawing Room
- Private Entrance Hall
- Private Dining Room
Upper Floors Edit
Other Rooms Edit
- Servants' Hall
- Billiards Room
- Rose MacClare (formerly)
- Hugh MacClare (formerly)
- Susan MacClare (formerly)
- Lady Agatha (formerly)
- Lady Louisa (formerly)
- James MacClare, Lord Newtonmore (formerly)
- Annabelle MacClare (formerly, before marriage)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Inveraray Castle, a castle in Argyll, Scotland was used as the filming location for Duneagle Castle.
- For some scenes, including all those set in the ballroom, Wrotham Park was used; the same location had been used as the eponymous house of Lord Fellowes' previous peerage-based venture, Gosford Park.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This press release has information about the 4th series and the 2012 Christmas Special: ITV Commissions a fourth series of Downton Abbey, Published: Friday, 23 November 2012, 4:43PM
- ↑ Is living at Downton during Series 4.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hugh has now lost Duneagle and he and Susan are residing in India.
- ↑ Episode 3.08: Violet says that Rose was being sent to Duneagle to stay with her Aunt Agatha, yet when the Crawley Family arrived in 1921, Agatha had left.
- ↑ Louise was not there when The Crawley Family visted in 1921, meaning that by September 1921, Louise had moved out, making her a former occupant of Duneagle Castle.
- ↑ 2012 Christmas Special: Hugh states that James "left" meaning he is no longer living at Duneagle.
- ↑ 2012 Christmas Special: Hugh says that Annabelle is married; after her marriage, she would live with her husband.