An untitled Downton Abbey-based movie appears to have been greenlit according to the president of NBC Universal International Studios, Michael Edelstein, on June 21, 2017 at a red carpet event in Singapore called Downton Abbey: The Exhibition. Julian Fellowes confirmed earlier in mid June 2017 he has been working on a script.
On October 2, 2017, the Downton Abbey Facebook account posted a teaser that could be related to a movie announcement, but it turned out to be an announcement for Downton Abbey: The Exhibition in New York City starting November 18, 2017.
At a press event in London on October 3, 2017, Julian Fellowes did not inspire confidence when he said he was "completely out of the loop" on the progress of a film.
- ↑ APNews.com - NBC says ‘Downton Abbey’ movie production to start in 2018 By ANNABELLE LIANG Jun. 21, 2017
- ↑ TheGuardian.com - Julian Fellowes webchat – your questions answered on The Wind in the Willows, Downton Abbey, winning an Oscar – and Nando's Tuesday 13 June 2017 09.17 EDT
- ↑ File:Facebook-DowntonAbbey_teaser-2-Oct-2017.jpg
- ↑ USA Today - 'Downton Abbey' exhibit lets fans go upstairs, downstairs with drama's sets, costumes by Bill Keveney Published 10:00 a.m. ET Oct. 4, 2017; Updated 8:00 a.m. ET Oct. 5, 2017
- ↑ Yorkshire Post - 'I am out of the loop over Downton Abbey film announcement' admits Lord Fellowes By Matthew Reeder 08:04 Wednesday 04 October 2017
- Secondary news