- Were you looking for information on the Downton Abbey programme?
|Location||Downton Estate, Yorkshire, England|
|Use|| Residential house|
Convalescent home (1917-19)
|Owner|| Robert Crawley (before 1912)|
The current residents of Downton Abbey are Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham, his wife Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham, their eldest daughter Mary Talbot, her husband Henry Talbot, Mary's son George Crawley, Tom Branson, and Tom's daughter Sybbie Branson. Among the family's servants, only four currently live in the house itself; Beryl Patmore, Thomas Barrow, Andrew Parker, and Phyllis Baxter.
Among the former residents of Downton Abbey, they include, but are not limited to: Matthew Crawley, Mary's first husband, Sybil Branson, the youngest daughter of Robert and Cora, Edith Pelham, the middle daughter of Robert and Cora, Marigold, Edith's illegitimate daughter, Rose Aldridge, Robert and Cora's first-cousin once-removed, and Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, Robert's mother.
Known rooms and locations Edit
For more information, see Rooms.
Downton Abbey is a very large and grand house with numerous rooms. Some of those that have appeared on screen are as follows:
Main house Edit
- Entrance Hall
- Great Hall - with grand staircase
- Dining room
- Boudoir/Painted Room/Music Room
- Drawing Room
- Smoking Room
- Cora's Drawing Room
- Morning Room
- Mary Talbot's Bedroom
- Edith Pelham's Bedroom
- Sybil Branson's Bedroom
- Lord and Lady Grantham's Bedroom
- Lady Grantham's Bathroom
- Rose Aldridge's Bedroom
- Servants quarters - sparsely furnished attic bedrooms with men's and women's bedrooms separate
- Anna and Gwen's Bedroom
- Jimmy's Bedroom
- Servants' dining hall
- Butler's pantry
- Housekeepers' sitting room
Outdoors and estate Edit
Behind the scenes Edit
- Highclere Castle in Hampshire is used for exterior shots of Downton Abbey as well as for some of the interior filming, with the servants' living areas constructed and filmed at Ealing Studios.
See also Edit